Save Our Schools: Coalition for Action
July 8th – 10th
We are working with these organizations to form a coalition that will grow with like-minded people to speak and march in solidarity in Washington DC on July 8-10th.
This coalition is working hard to join together a broad group of diverse people to make the statement to our government and to the citizens of our country that “This is what democracy looks like!”
We envision actions and festivities for children and adults, which foster awareness and to celebrate democracy by living it.
Details are developing for this event so please sign up to receive updates and support us!
We have a burgeoning coalition of grassroots groups, union organizations, and activists who will rally and march in support of education and social justice. The Coalition is growing, and we envision a mass gathering with bold actions and expressions of resistance for children and adults, which foster awareness and camaraderie in the movement to save our schools. Join us inWashington D.C. on July 8-10th to celebrate democracy by living it. The general schedule for the event is:
- July 8th: Rally & March (location will be announced soon)
- July 9th: National & International Summit with family and kid-friendly events
- July 10th: Coalition Congress – member organizations meet to plan next steps for the movement
An action this big requires much collaboration and support, and the Coalition has many involvement opportunities for individuals and organizations alike. Consider helping in the following ways:
- Endorse the principles and the 2016 event
- Provide active publicity about the 2016 event to your organizations and listserves
- Organize in your area and assist people in attending the event
- Provide financial support for the 2016 event and/or scholarships to deserving attendees
- Collaborate and actively engage in the planning of the 2016 event by joining the Coalition for Action Steering Committee or one of its planning sub-committees. For more information on how to help and participate in the Coalition event, contact Bob George at (708) 692-5818.
This is an election year, and surely there can be no better time to show our government and our fellow citizens, “This is what democracy looks like!” We look forward to marching with you this summer in D.C.!
The SOS Coalition for Action